ext_2260: It's a side profile image of Dean Winchester rotated face down 45 degrees, almost black and white and dark with angst. (BSG WTF Roslin)
[identity profile] neth-dugan.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] menstrualhut
 So for years and years after I started my periods they weren't regular, I'd often skip a month and sometimes it felt like I'd get one every other. But in the past few it has settled down into something more normal, if still irregular. 

That said, for a few months they'd become really long, or I'd get one for two days, it'd stop then a couple weeks later get a full on one. I had one that lasted a few weeks a few cycles before they all stopped. And it's now been almost three months since I had my last period.

In and of itself I don't mind much cause I hate the things (though a bit less so since I got a cup a year ago or so) but I'm starting to worry if this means something is wrong. I'm between 'well, they've always been weird' to 'but it's three months' and 'but they've ALWAYS been nuts, isn't that odd?' and not sure what to do.

I don't take birth control in any format, no need for it as I've no sex life and don't intend to get one. I don't know if it could be at all related, but I've noted in the past year and a half or so that I've been getting gradually more hairy but it's nothing massive. 

I don't like going to the doctors cause I don't like bugging them, and when it comes to stuff like this I'm petrified of anyone looking down there. And I don't want to do that unless I have to. But at the same time if there's something wrong I want to catch it - so I thought I'd ask other women.

Date: 2010-03-15 03:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sonarvampress.livejournal.com
Just because it's always been weird doesn't mean that you haven't just always had something wrong. I would definitely see a doctor. There could be all kinds of things wrong with you, or maybe you just have a weird period and the doctor will put you on birth control to help it, but either way you should see a doctor.

Date: 2010-03-15 05:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cork118.livejournal.com
I know that going to a gynecologist can be scary, so I feel for you there. It sounds like it might be a good idea, though. In my experience, all the gynos I've seen have been super nice and accommodating of my fears. I let my first gyno know that I was really scared and nervous, and she was just so reassuring and patient with me!

If you do go to the doctor, my best advice is to let them know what your concerns and fears are. I guarantee you, they've heard it all before! If you've got a doctor that's worth their salt, they'll be more than happy to work with you to keep you as calm as possible. They examine scared women every day, so they know how to make you feel better!

Barring that, maybe you could ask your regular doctor if he/she thinks you should see a gyno. Explain your symptoms and concerns, and get a medical opinion about it.

Good luck. We're here to support you if you need us!

Date: 2010-03-15 01:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] layovers.livejournal.com
Definitely go to the doctor. My best friend had symptoms similar to yours and she was diagnosed with PCOS. Better safe than sorry.

without the doctors help :)

Date: 2010-05-17 05:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] topaz2010.livejournal.com
I never go to the doctor - been about 4 years now. I recommend you check-out this book from the library; "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It explains women's cycles in more depth then the obligatory 'tampon vs pad' education most of us seem to get. Covering many things about regular & irregular menstrual cycles, and can most likely help you find the answer to your irregular periods. (if you want to buy $20 on Amazon or $26 in store). I hope this helps.

June 2012

1718 1920212223

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 23rd, 2017 03:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios